From the developers at APsystems, APsmart offers state-of-the-art PV module rapid shutdown devices (RSD-S-PLC) for Canada, ideal for any new or existing string or central inverter system, and meeting Canadian Rapid shutdown requirements on rooftops CEC 64-218 as well as U.S. NEC 2017&2020 690.12. Leveraging APsystems’ proven expertise in module-level power electronics, APsmart solutions are powered by ASIC with internal IP and integrated with TI chips at the system-level application.
- Use with SMA SunnyBoy-41 and SMA Core1-41 with inverter integrated SunSpec RSD-transmitter
- Use with Fronius Symo Advanced with inverter integrated SunSpec RSD-transmitter
- No external boxes or gateways required, very clean and simple installation
- RSD triggered with loss of AC power to the inverter
- Meets Canadian CEC 2018 64-218 requirements
- Meets US NEC 2017 & 2020 (690.12) requirements
- SunSpec Rapid Shutdown certified
- cCSAus certified
- RSD ASIC Chip designed using APsystems’ IP with redundancy topology
- Highly integrated SoC System on a chip design for lowest component count.
- No DC:DC power conversion for the solar power. Therefore much higher MTBF compared to optimizer based systems.
- Small and light, direct solar module frame mounted with integrated clips
- Longer daily module operating period (15 ~ 30 minutes) due to its low minimum operation voltage (8V)
- Does not interfere with global MPP tracking algorithms and shade mitigation algorithms e.g. SMA ShadeFix
- Very Low power consumption
- Eliminates Unwanted AFCI Nuisance Tripping, approved and tested by SMA and Fronius
- RSD-S-PLC Noise Spectrum Density is far away (isolated) from typical AFCI noise patterns
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos